Myelin and Axons Don’t Form a Uniform Union
Novel Remyelination AssayOligodendrocytes wrap around glass micropillars, allowing high-throughput assays of potential remyelination agents.
Innate Differences in Demyelination
Axon Transport Deficits
Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Forum
We surveyed our readers, and you gave us a few surprises
Every Friday, MSDF editors use a curated PubMed search to link to every newly published MS-related paper. Here’s how we do it.
An invitational meeting in Boston marks a step forward in a concerted international push to find effective therapies to target disease mechanisms, manage symptoms, and improve rehabilitation
Tools that will help investigators conceive and perform experimental work:
The Data Visualization section presents MS-related data in new ways, making it easy for viewers to discover unexpected relationships
Our latest data visualization presents an interactive timeline of the key milestones in the development of the 12 currently available treatments in MS.
- Drug-Development Pipeline consolidates key information about compounds under investigation for therapeutic use
We've recently added six new trials, updated information on six trials, and added 55 other pieces of information. The drugs with important additions and changes are alemtuzumab, ATX-MS-1467, BIIB033, dalfampridine, dimethyl fumarate, dronabinol, fingolimod, glatiramer acetate, imilecleucel-T, interferon β-1a, interferon β-1b, mycophenolate mofetil, natalizumab, rituximab, and RPC1063.
- Tissue Repositories lists features of the world's tissue repositories and brain banks, including rules of engagement and contact information
- MSGene provides a comprehensive, unbiased and regularly updated collection of genetic association studies performed on multiple sclerosis phenotypes
- Clinical Trials lists sources of information about MS clinical trials
Meetings and Events catalogs future and past meetings of interest to the MS-research community
- Funding Opportunities provides information about where to obtain grants
- Jobs offers descriptions of available positions
Member Directory displays profiles of MS-research community members
Bulletin Board allows MSDF members to post notices
Useful Links lists helpful resources elsewhere on the web
Amyloid has potent anti-inflammatory abilities which may explain what it is trying to do in Alzhe
Most Popular Content
- Novel Remyelination Assay Allows High-Throughput Drug Screening
- Low Testosterone Linked to Disability in Men With MS
- Phase 1 Results Reported for Anti-LINGO-1 Remyelination Agent
- Physical Activity Associated With Improved Quality of Life in People With MS
- MS Research Roundup: July 28, 2014
- Talking to Reporters: 13 Tips for Researchers
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Lightning (and the Ice Bucket Challenge) Doesn’t Strike Twice
- Make Way for Another MS Model?
- Peripheral B Cell Activation May Drive CNS Autoimmunity in MS
- Epigenetics in MS: A Primer
- Clinical Trials in Multiple Sclerosis
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Calling Dr. Thomas Hale
- MS Research Roundup: August 21, 2014
- New MS Clinical Course Descriptions Reflect Disease Activity
- Sniffing Out Demyelination
- Remyelination: Are Exosomes Containing microRNA the Answer?
- Myelin and Axons Don’t Form a Perfect, Uniform Union
- MS Research Roundup: August 29, 2014
- More Than Meets the Eye
- Switches to Fingolimod, Natalizumab Show Similar Efficacy
- MS Research Roundup: August 18, 2014
- “Long Life” Protein Klotho Powers Remyelination in Mice
- Altered Immunity, Crippled Neurons
- Rare Family Cluster of MS Reveals New Clues
- MS Research Roundup: March 21, 2014
- Decoding Brain Disease
- Pregnancy’s Secret Weapon?
- The Paradox of Daclizumab
- Scientific Literature TreeMap
- MS Research Roundup: April 8, 2014
- Can Gut Microbes Provide Answers About MS?
- PPMS vs. RRMS: A Distinction Without a Difference?
- A Complementary Approach to Treating MS?
- Benign MS Expresses Itself
- MS Research Roundup: April 30, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: August 13, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: February 12, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: February 26, 2014
- Viral Villain
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: PPMS: A New Hope?
- What’s the Role of Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein in NMO?
- Portable Neuromodulation Device May Improve Walking in MS Patients
- Small Internal Jugular Veins Linked to Severe MS
- Innate Differences in Demyelination
- Transdermal Myelin Peptides May Be Safe, Effective in MS
- MS Research Roundup: May 27, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: September 29, 2014
- “No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess,” Sir Isaac Newton
- Is Cognitive MS a Distinct Entity?
- Blood Serum From Relapsing MS Patients May Damage the Blood-Brain Barrier
- Interferon β and Glatiramer Acetate Are Clinically Similar, Says Cochrane Meta-Analysis
- International Progressive MS Alliance Announces New Research Grants
- Phase 2 Trial Suggests RPC1063 Is as Effective as—and Safer Than—Fingolimod
- MS Research Roundup: October 3, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: October 28, 2014
- MS Family Planning 101: Should DMTs Be Discontinued Before and During Pregnancy?
- Some Astrocytes Appear to Promote Progressive MS
- Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Podcast
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Higher MS Risk Among Youth
- New MS Drug Candidate From Zebrafish Screen Targets IGF-1R Pathway
- EDSS Alternative in an iPad
- Corticosteroids Ineffective for Many With Relapsing MS
- Signaling Pathway Important in Colon Cancer Implicated in Maturational Arrest of OPCs
- Lower Risk of MS in People With HIV
- Genetic Marker May Underlie Sex Difference in MS Susceptibility
- Comorbidities, Both Physical and Mental, Are Pervasive in MS
- Please log in or email us
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Axes of Access Don’t Intersect for the Disabled Patient
- Kir4.1 Potassium Channels in MS: Discrepant Results From Two Studies
- Antigen-Specific Therapy for MS Passes Safety Test
- Serum Vitamin D Levels Predict Severity of MS
- Microglia, Molecularly Defined
- Precision medicine in chronic disease management: The MS BioScreen.
- RRMS and CIS—Baseline Characteristics
- National MS Society Partners With Accelerated Cure Project Online Forum to Drive Progress
- Optical Coherence Tomography: New Evidence Lends Support for MS Diagnosis
- A Better Interferon?
- MS Research Roundup: June 19, 2014
- 159 Genetic Variants Now Known to Be Associated With MS
- MS Research Roundup: October 16, 2014
- New Myelin Required to Learn a New Task
- Deep Brain Stimulation Helpful in Some Patients With MS Tremor
- Immune Attack: Primary or Secondary?
- MS and South hemisphere
- Phase 1 Trial of Stem Cells Begins in MS
- Video Game Revs Up Brain Power
- Beyond Reasonable Doubt: The vitamin D piece of the MS puzzle
- Genomic Double Play
- Partnership and Consent in MS Decision-Making
- MRI Detects Early MS-Like Changes in Rare Eye Disease
- Oral Contraceptive Use Linked to Less Severe Relapsing-Remitting MS
- MS Family Planning 201: Breastfeeding, DMTs, and the Risk of Postpartum Relapse
- Interferon beta-1a
- Research Associate
- The Immunopathogenesis of MS
- Annual Relapse Rates in Placebo Groups Decreasing Over Time
- The MS Galaxy: Authors of Phase 3 Clinical Trials
- GM-CSF: A Target for Brain Inflammation Intervention in MS?
- Ultraviolet Light Sends Soothing Cells to CNS
- New iPad App Tracks MS Patient Course
- MS Research Roundup: June 4, 2014
- Evaluating Patient Preferences Is Key for MS Decision-Making
- Tracking Remyelination: Do You See What I See?
- Unusual association of Arnold-Chiari malformation and vitamin B12 deficiency.