Novel Remyelination AssayOligodendrocytes wrap around glass micropillars, allowing high-throughput assays of potential remyelination agents.
Myelin and Axons Don’t Form a Uniform Union
Innate Differences in Demyelination
Axon Transport Deficits
Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Forum
Azathioprine may be as effective as interferon β in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, a noninferiority trial suggests
When axonal transport is disrupted, neurodegeneration follows, according to a study in EAE mice
The MS Blockbuster That Got Away; Playing Hardball With High-Priced Drugs; The Story of Gluten Intolerance
A recent meta-analysis suggests that treating some of the psychological complications of multiple sclerosis may have a positive effect on physical symptoms as well
Tools that will help investigators conceive and perform experimental work:
The Data Visualization section presents MS-related data in new ways, making it easy for viewers to discover unexpected relationships
Our latest visualization details the design of 88 clinical trials with magnetic resonance imaging reports published between 1993 and 2014. It makes it easy to see which of five key measurements were reported in each trial and when during the course of that trial those measurements were made.
- Drug-Development Pipeline consolidates key information about compounds under investigation for therapeutic use
We've added two new trials, updated information on two other trials, and added 16 other pieces of information. The drugs with important additions and changes are daclizumab, dimethyl fumarate, fingolimod, GNbAC1, natalizumab, and teriflunomide.
- Tissue Repositories lists features of the world's tissue repositories and brain banks, including rules of engagement and contact information
- MSGene provides a comprehensive, unbiased and regularly updated collection of genetic association studies performed on multiple sclerosis phenotypes
- Clinical Trials lists sources of information about MS clinical trials
Meetings and Events catalogs future and past meetings of interest to the MS-research community
- Funding Opportunities provides information about where to obtain grants
- Jobs offers descriptions of available positions
Member Directory displays profiles of MS-research community members
Bulletin Board allows MSDF members to post notices
Useful Links lists helpful resources elsewhere on the web
Most Popular Content
- Novel Remyelination Assay Allows High-Throughput Drug Screening
- More Than Meets the Eye
- Low Testosterone Linked to Disability in Men With MS
- Explaining Fingolimod’s Fatal Flaw
- Phase 1 Results Reported for Anti-LINGO-1 Remyelination Agent
- Beyond Reasonable Doubt: The vitamin D piece of the MS puzzle
- Physical Activity Associated With Improved Quality of Life in People With MS
- MS Research Roundup: July 28, 2014
- Talking to Reporters: 13 Tips for Researchers
- Rare Family Cluster of MS Reveals New Clues
- MS Research Roundup: March 31, 2014
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Lightning (and the Ice Bucket Challenge) Doesn’t Strike Twice
- MS Research Roundup: April 8, 2014
- Make Way for Another MS Model?
- Peripheral B Cell Activation May Drive CNS Autoimmunity in MS
- Epigenetics in MS: A Primer
- Genomic Double Play
- Clinical Trials in Multiple Sclerosis
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Calling Dr. Thomas Hale
- MS Research Roundup: August 21, 2014
- Remyelination: Are Exosomes Containing microRNA the Answer?
- New MS Clinical Course Descriptions Reflect Disease Activity
- Myelin and Axons Don’t Form a Perfect, Uniform Union
- Sniffing Out Demyelination
- MS Research Roundup: August 29, 2014
- Serum Vitamin D Levels Predict Severity of MS
- Switches to Fingolimod, Natalizumab Show Similar Efficacy
- MS Research Roundup: August 18, 2014
- Vitamin D3 Blocks T Helper Cells From Entering the CNS
- “Long Life” Protein Klotho Powers Remyelination in Mice
- Altered Immunity, Crippled Neurons
- MS Research Roundup: March 21, 2014
- Decoding Brain Disease
- Pregnancy’s Secret Weapon?
- The Paradox of Daclizumab
- Harnessing Epitope Spreading to Treat MS
- Scientific Literature TreeMap
- MS Patient, Ph.D.
- Can Gut Microbes Provide Answers About MS?
- PPMS vs. RRMS: A Distinction Without a Difference?
- A Complementary Approach to Treating MS?
- Benign MS Expresses Itself
- Phase 1 Trial of Stem Cells Begins in MS
- MS Research Roundup: April 30, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: August 13, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: February 12, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: February 26, 2014
- Viral Villain
- Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus A Component of Multiple Sclerosis Pathology?
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: PPMS: A New Hope?
- FDA's Denial of Alemtuzumab Stirs Controversy
- What’s the Role of Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein in NMO?
- Portable Neuromodulation Device May Improve Walking in MS Patients
- Small Internal Jugular Veins Linked to Severe MS
- Please log in or email us
- Innate Differences in Demyelination
- Transdermal Myelin Peptides May Be Safe, Effective in MS
- The Many Faces of B Cells
- New Pathogen Linked to MS
- Cheap Vaccine Slows MS Progression
- MS Research Roundup: May 27, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: September 29, 2014
- “No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess,” Sir Isaac Newton
- Is Cognitive MS a Distinct Entity?
- Single Calcitriol Dose Beats Back EAE in Mice
- Toso: A New Drug Target for MS?
- Blood Serum From Relapsing MS Patients May Damage the Blood-Brain Barrier
- Interferon β and Glatiramer Acetate Are Clinically Similar, Says Cochrane Meta-Analysis
- International Progressive MS Alliance Announces New Research Grants
- Phase 2 Trial Suggests RPC1063 Is as Effective as—and Safer Than—Fingolimod
- MS Research Roundup: October 3, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: October 28, 2014
- Tears Yield Possible MS Biomarker
- MS Family Planning 101: Should DMTs Be Discontinued Before and During Pregnancy?
- Some Astrocytes Appear to Promote Progressive MS
- Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Podcast
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Higher MS Risk Among Youth
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant Effective in Inflammatory RRMS; Mechanism Emerging
- New MS Drug Candidate From Zebrafish Screen Targets IGF-1R Pathway
- Anti-Inflammatory Apolipoprotein May Protect Against MS Symptoms
- EDSS Alternative in an iPad
- Corticosteroids Ineffective for Many With Relapsing MS
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: MS and Vitamin D: What’s a Patient to Do?
- Signaling Pathway Important in Colon Cancer Implicated in Maturational Arrest of OPCs
- Lower Risk of MS in People With HIV
- Genetic Marker May Underlie Sex Difference in MS Susceptibility
- Comorbidities, Both Physical and Mental, Are Pervasive in MS
- Cannabinoid Receptor Variant Linked to MS Neurodegeneration
- MS Research Roundup: January 15, 2014
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Greetings From Limbo Land
- Sex Differences in MS Are Genetic, Not Just Hormonal
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Axes of Access Don’t Intersect for the Disabled Patient
- A New MS Journal
- Kir4.1 Potassium Channels in MS: Discrepant Results From Two Studies
- Antigen-Specific Therapy for MS Passes Safety Test
- Microglia, Molecularly Defined
- Precision medicine in chronic disease management: The MS BioScreen.
- RRMS and CIS—Baseline Characteristics
- National MS Society Partners With Accelerated Cure Project Online Forum to Drive Progress
- Optical Coherence Tomography: New Evidence Lends Support for MS Diagnosis
- A Better Interferon?