Stem Cells Stop the Train of MS Damage in Mice
The Natural History of MS Symptoms
Myelin and Axons Don’t Form a Uniform Union
Novel Remyelination AssayOligodendrocytes wrap around glass micropillars, allowing high-throughput assays of potential remyelination agents.
Innate Differences in Demyelination
Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Forum
HealthCare Journey provides unbiased, accurate, and supportive information to patients who have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
The meeting's final day featured late breakers, the closing lecture, and two masterful summaries of research highlights
Featuring three Parallel Sessions, three Hot Topics sessions, and Poster Session 2
An international group committed to advancing research and treatment in progressive MS has announced €22 million in grants
Tools that will help investigators conceive and perform experimental work:
The Data Visualization section presents MS-related data in new ways, making it easy for viewers to discover unexpected relationships
Our latest visualization is a force-directed graph presenting the connections among the 250 authors who published articles in the scientific literature between April 1993 and June 2014 concerning phase 3 clinical trials in multiple sclerosis.
- Drug-Development Pipeline consolidates key information about compounds under investigation for therapeutic use
We've added four new trials, updated information on 11 other trials, and added 25 other pieces of information. The drugs with important additions and changes are alemtuzumab, daclizumab, dimethyl fumarate, fingolimod, glatiramer acetate, GNbAC1, interferon β-1a, interferon β-1b, natalizumab, rituximab, teriflunomide, and ustekinumab.
- Tissue Repositories lists features of the world's tissue repositories and brain banks, including rules of engagement and contact information
- MSGene provides a comprehensive, unbiased and regularly updated collection of genetic association studies performed on multiple sclerosis phenotypes
- Clinical Trials lists sources of information about MS clinical trials
Meetings and Events catalogs future and past meetings of interest to the MS-research community
- Funding Opportunities provides information about where to obtain grants
- Jobs offers descriptions of available positions
Member Directory displays profiles of MS-research community members
Bulletin Board allows MSDF members to post notices
Useful Links lists helpful resources elsewhere on the web
Most Popular Content
- Novel Remyelination Assay Allows High-Throughput Drug Screening
- More Than Meets the Eye
- Who We Are
- Low Testosterone Linked to Disability in Men With MS
- Explaining Fingolimod’s Fatal Flaw
- Phase 1 Results Reported for Anti-LINGO-1 Remyelination Agent
- Beyond Reasonable Doubt: The vitamin D piece of the MS puzzle
- Physical Activity Associated With Improved Quality of Life in People With MS
- MS Research Roundup: July 28, 2014
- Old Drug May Wield New Power
- MS Research Roundup: March 31, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: April 8, 2014
- Make Way for Another MS Model?
- Peripheral B Cell Activation May Drive CNS Autoimmunity in MS
- The Many Faces of B Cells
- Epigenetics in MS: A Primer
- Genomic Double Play
- Clinical Trials in Multiple Sclerosis
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Calling Dr. Thomas Hale
- MS Research Roundup: August 21, 2014
- Remyelination: Are Exosomes Containing microRNA the Answer?
- New MS Clinical Course Descriptions Reflect Disease Activity
- Myelin and Axons Don’t Form a Perfect, Uniform Union
- Sniffing Out Demyelination
- New Pathogen Linked to MS
- Rare Family Cluster of MS Reveals New Clues
- Single Calcitriol Dose Beats Back EAE in Mice
- Harnessing Epitope Spreading to Treat MS
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Lightning (and the Ice Bucket Challenge) Doesn’t Strike Twice
- Corticosteroids Ineffective for Many With Relapsing MS
- Serum Vitamin D Levels Predict Severity of MS
- Switches to Fingolimod, Natalizumab Show Similar Efficacy
- MS Research Roundup: August 18, 2014
- Vitamin D3 Blocks T Helper Cells From Entering the CNS
- Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus A Component of Multiple Sclerosis Pathology?
- Altered Immunity, Crippled Neurons
- MS Research Roundup: March 21, 2014
- Decoding Brain Disease
- Phase 1 Trial of Stem Cells Begins in MS
- Genetic Associations
- Pregnancy’s Secret Weapon?
- Scientific Literature TreeMap
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Higher MS Risk Among Youth
- MS Patient, Ph.D.
- Can Gut Microbes Provide Answers About MS?
- PPMS vs. RRMS: A Distinction Without a Difference?
- A Complementary Approach to Treating MS?
- Benign MS Expresses Itself
- MS Research Roundup: April 30, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: August 13, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: August 29, 2014
- Anti-Inflammatory Apolipoprotein May Protect Against MS Symptoms
- MS Research Roundup: February 12, 2014
- MS Research Roundup: February 26, 2014
- The Oligodendrocyte Whisperer
- Viral Villain
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: PPMS: A New Hope?
- Gut Bacteria Boost Anti-Inflammatory Immune Cells in Mice
- FDA's Denial of Alemtuzumab Stirs Controversy
- Portable Neuromodulation Device May Improve Walking in MS Patients
- Small Internal Jugular Veins Linked to Severe MS
- Please log in or email us
- Innate Differences in Demyelination
- Transdermal Myelin Peptides May Be Safe, Effective in MS
- First-Attack Multiple Sclerosis Targets Gray Matter
- Survey Finds “MSer” to Be Patients' Preferred Descriptor
- Cheap Vaccine Slows MS Progression
- MS Research Roundup: May 27, 2014
- Early-Detection Probe for MS Exploits Coagulation Protein
- Toso: A New Drug Target for MS?
- Blood Serum From Relapsing MS Patients May Damage the Blood-Brain Barrier
- Interferon β and Glatiramer Acetate Are Clinically Similar, Says Cochrane Meta-Analysis
- International Progressive MS Alliance Announces New Research Grants
- Tears Yield Possible MS Biomarker
- MS Family Planning 101: Should DMTs Be Discontinued Before and During Pregnancy?
- Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Podcast
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant Effective in Inflammatory RRMS; Mechanism Emerging
- New MS Drug Candidate From Zebrafish Screen Targets IGF-1R Pathway
- EDSS Alternative in an iPad
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: MS and Vitamin D: What’s a Patient to Do?
- Signaling Pathway Important in Colon Cancer Implicated in Maturational Arrest of OPCs
- Lower Risk of MS in People With HIV
- High Noon at the Th17 Corral
- Genetic Marker May Underlie Sex Difference in MS Susceptibility
- Comorbidities, Both Physical and Mental, Are Pervasive in MS
- Cannabinoid Receptor Variant Linked to MS Neurodegeneration
- MS Research Roundup: January 15, 2014
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Greetings From Limbo Land
- CCSVI Not Linked to MS in Large Study
- Sex Differences in MS Are Genetic, Not Just Hormonal
- MS Patient, Ph.D.: Axes of Access Don’t Intersect for the Disabled Patient
- National MS Society Partners With Accelerated Cure Project Online Forum to Drive Progress
- A New MS Journal
- Kir4.1 Potassium Channels in MS: Discrepant Results From Two Studies
- Antigen-Specific Therapy for MS Passes Safety Test
- New NARCOMS Analysis Focuses on Symptom-Specific Impairment
- Microglia, Molecularly Defined
- Optical Coherence Tomography: New Evidence Lends Support for MS Diagnosis