Stem Cells Stop the Train of MS Damage in Mice
High Noon at the Th17 Corral
Early B Cells Found In Gut, Schooled By Microbes
Single Calcitriol Dose Beats Back EAE in Mice
Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Forum
Patients traveling the PPMS diagnostic path often simply move from one part of limbo land to another.
Brain samples reveal a pattern of DNA modifications that may turn the immune system up and tone repair responses down
A one-time vaccination halved the rate at which early neurologic episodes progressed to diagnosable MS
A new blog series
Tools that will help investigators conceive and perform experimental work:
- Drug-Development Pipeline consolidates key information about compounds under investigation for therapeutic use
Since our last newsletter, we've added 6 new trials, we've updated 6 other trials, and we've added 62 other pieces of information. The drugs with important additions and changes are alemtuzumab, dalfampridine, dimethyl fumarate, fingolimod, glatiramer acetate, interferon beta-1a, interferon beta-1b, laquinimod, mitoxantrone, natalizumab, RPC1063, and teriflunomide.
We also added a new entry for secukinumab, which contains information about four trials as well as over 30 other pieces of information.
During October, we added 13 new trials, we updated 24 trials, and we added more than 80 other pieces of information. The drugs with important additions and changes are alemtuzumab, cyclophosphamide, dimethyl fumarate, fingolimod, glatiramer acetate, interferon beta-1a, interferon beta1-b, laquinimod, mitoxantrone, natalizumab, RPC1063, and teriflunomide.
- Tissue Repositories lists features of the world's tissue repositories and brain banks, including rules of engagement and contact information
- MSGene provides a comprehensive, unbiased and regularly updated collection of genetic association studies performed on multiple sclerosis phenotypes
Animal Models summarizes the promises and pitfalls of animal models used in MS research
- Clinical Trials lists sources of information about MS clinical trials
Meetings and Events catalogs future and past meetings of interest to the MS-research community
- Funding Opportunities provides information about where to obtain grants
- Jobs offers descriptions of available positions
Member Directory displays profiles of MS-research community members
Bulletin Board allows MSDF members to post notices
Useful Links lists helpful resources elsewhere on the web
Most Popular Content
- Who We Are
- Harnessing Epitope Spreading to Treat MS
- More Than Meets the Eye
- Transdermal Myelin Peptides May Be Safe, Effective in MS
- Small Internal Jugular Veins Linked to Severe MS
- The Many Faces of B Cells
- The Oligodendrocyte Whisperer
- Old Drug May Wield New Power
- More Signal Abnormalities Seen in Relatives of MS Patients
- Nature, Nurture, and What’s in Between
- MS Cognitive Impairment Rates Lower Than Previously Reported
- Early B Cells Found in Gut, Schooled by Microbes
- Stem Cells Enhanced to Generate Myelin-Producing Cells
- B Cells Step Into the Limelight
- Benign MS Expresses Itself
- First-Attack Multiple Sclerosis Targets Gray Matter
- Easy Cognitive Assessments for People With MS
- MS-SMART Trial for Secondary Progressive MS Announced
- Abnormal Venous Outflow Dynamics May Not Be Implicated in MS
- Venocentric Lesions on MRI: An Early Marker of MS?
- Phase 1 Trial of Stem Cells Begins in MS
- New Pathogen Linked to MS
- Genetic Associations
- Plasma Osteopontin Levels: A New Marker for MS?
- Sleep Boosts Remyelinating Glial Cells
- Corticosteroids Ineffective for Many With Relapsing MS
- Single Calcitriol Dose Beats Back EAE in Mice
- Anti-Inflammatory Apolipoprotein May Protect Against MS Symptoms
- MS Patient, Ph.D.
- Dimethyl Fumarate Shows Efficacy in Phase III Clinical Studies
- Survey Finds “MSer” to Be Patients' Preferred Descriptor
- Teriflunomide, Interferon Beta-1a Show Comparable Efficacy
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Higher MS Risk Among Youth
- Cortical MS Lesions Linked to “Normal” White Matter Injury
- Cognitive Reserve in MS: Life Experiences Matter
- Antigen-Specific Therapy for MS Passes Safety Test
- NMDA Receptors May Modulate Severity of Multiple Sclerosis
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Shows Promise in MS
- Anti-EBV Serology, HLA-DR Risk Profiles May Help Identify MS
- Gut Bacteria Boost Anti-Inflammatory Immune Cells in Mice
- PUMA Protein May Underlie Oligodendroglial Cell Death in MS
- Viral Villain
- The Sunshine Suspect
- High Noon at the Th17 Corral
- CCSVI Not Linked to MS in Large Study
- Update: Risk Factors
- National MS Society Partners With Accelerated Cure Project Online Forum to Drive Progress
- Salt Sampler
- New NARCOMS Analysis Focuses on Symptom-Specific Impairment
- Immune Attack: Primary or Secondary?
- How should we refer to someone with MS?
- Bad Presentation
- Spinal Vision
- Biomarkers: Foretelling the Future
- Total Brain Sodium on MRI Linked to More Severe MS
- Natalizumab Emerges on Top in Network Meta-Analysis
- Video Game Revs Up Brain Power
- Sexual Dysfunction Fuels Mental Problems in MS Patients
- Oral Laquinimod May Reduce Destructive Pathology in RRMS
- Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus A Component of Multiple Sclerosis Pathology?
- Ebb and Flow of EBV
- Neuromyelitis Optica, Part 2: Pathogenesis
- Neuromyelitis Optica, Part 1: The Other Disease
- Altered Immunity, Crippled Neurons
- DMDs Are an Essential Issue But Are They the Only Issue in MS Treatment?
- Second International Porto Congress of Multiple Sclerosis
- Please log in or email us
- Enzyme, Exposed
- Oral Cannabinoid Dronabinol Doesn’t Modify Disease in Progressive MS
- Debate: Do Physicians Rate the Risk of Disabling MS Less Than the Risk of Effective Treatment?
- Study Reveals New Facets of NMO Pathophysiology
- Gate Crashers
- Multiple sclerosis susceptibility genes: associations with relapse severity and recovery.
- Genome-wide Study Brings MS Landscape Into Sharper Focus
- Papers: 4 Mar 2013 - 11 Mar 2013