Myelin and Axons Don’t Form a Uniform Union
Innate Differences in Demyelination
Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Forum
Multiple sclerosis affects about three times more women than men, but pregnancy can protect against relapses, and MS in men tends to worsen faster. These naturally occurring sex differences could lead to new treatments—if they don’t stall on the way to the clinic.
While regulators are trying to figure out what went wrong, independent chemists have dug into the mechanism of what may have been a "dirty" drug
The MS Brain Health collection
No cure yet exists for MS, but a new therapeutic strategy may help extend brain health, delay pr
Mind-Body Evidence in MS; Your MS Research Playlist; This Bike Has MS & Kiss Goodbye to MS
Tools that will help investigators conceive and perform experimental work:
The Data Visualization section presents MS-related data in new ways, making it easy for viewers to discover unexpected relationships
Our latest data visualization presents a network map of the connections among 1253 authors of 263 research papers that reported results of clinical trials in progressive forms of multiple sclerosis between January 1983 and September 2015.
- Drug-Development Pipeline consolidates key information about compounds under investigation for therapeutic use
- Tissue Repositories lists features of the world's tissue repositories and brain banks, including rules of engagement and contact information
- Clinical Trials lists sources of information about MS clinical trials
Meetings and Events catalogs future and past meetings of interest to the MS-research community
- Funding Opportunities provides information about where to obtain grants
- Jobs offers descriptions of available positions
Member Directory displays profiles of MS-research community members
Bulletin Board allows MSDF members to post notices
Useful Links lists helpful resources elsewhere on the web
From Dan Howitt regarding physical therapy.
We are a team of graduate students in the Engineering Department of Santa Clara University (SCU),