Ongoing Clinical Trials in MS
Developed by Khawai
This interactive bubble chart presents key features of 142 ongoing clinical trials in MS.
- Click on the different tabs to cluster the trials and reveal trends.
- Note that there are tabs at the top and at the bottom of the visualization.
- Mouse over the bubbles to learn more about each trial.
- Click on a trial to access detailed information on the drug.
- Phase 2 / Phase 3 / Phase 4
- Open studies-Recruiting / Closed studies-Active, not recruiting
- Trials with a "Recruitment status unknown" (information not verified recently)
- Trials treating disease other than MS (e.g. Neuromyelitis Optica)
A bubble chart typically displays data triplets (x, y, z) corresponding to three continuous variables: x and y to define the position, and z, the radius of each bubble. In our example, x and y coordinates are optimized according to an algorithm which essentially balances bubble's gravity (i.e. action of moving towards the center of the plot), friction (i.e. velocity decay), and charge (or repulsion/attraction force). This layout is frequently used for network visualization. In addition to x, y and z, it is possible to encode other information. For instance, the color coding tell us if the studied compound is already marketed for MS, while each tab provides a different view of what the trials breakdown looks like. So, the current webpage displays data from 142 clinical trials, in 10 different ways.