New Funding Opportunities: Challenge Awards and Infrastructure Awards Deadline - January 31, 2014
The Progressive MS Alliance (previously known as the International Progressive MS Collaborative) is working together to find answers and develop solutions to end progressive MS. The Alliance aims to build upon current research efforts and connect resources and experts around the world. The Alliance is pleased to announce two new funding initiatives designed to accelerate research focused on progressive MS.
1) Challenge Awards -These are designed to encourage and nurture scientific innovation in the following focus areas:
* Phenotype/Genotype and pathophysiological mechanisms of progressive MS
* Development of new and existing pre-clinical models for progressive disease based on community consensus building
* Discovery and validation of proof of concept biomarkers
* Innovative designs for proof of concept trials of therapeutic agents or therapeutic strategies
2) Infrastructure Awards -These are designed to promote and enhance data sharing and knowledge management and encourage collaboration among researchers by developing enabling technologies and infrastructure for data sharing to support one or more of the Alliance priority research areas.
Support for each of these awards is limited to a maximum of €75,000 in total costs for 12 months. This request for applications (RFA) is open to all international researchers in academic and other non-profit organizations, as well as to researchers in commercial organizations. Full descriptions of the topics and the application instructions are available here.
The application deadline is January 31, 2014. Details on how to apply for funding can be found at http://www.endprogressivems.org. Or download RFA.
To learn more about the Progressive MS Alliance please visit our web site, www.endprogressivems.org.
We are looking forward to innovative proposals from around the world and from all disciplines. If you have an innovative idea or concept, please apply. If you know someone else who may have an innovative idea or concept, please forward this message.
Thank you for your commitment and for connecting to end progressive MS.
The Progressive MS Alliance Team