NMSS Request for Proposals: Commercial Projects in Neuroprotection and Nervous System Repair
February 29 Deadline
The National MS Society continues to advance promising new therapies by breaking down barriers to development through commercial funding mechanisms like Fast Forward.
As part of its commitment to addressing the needs of individuals affected by progressive forms of MS, the National MS Society has released a Request for Proposals from commercial organizations to accelerate development of therapeutic strategies for neuroprotection and neuroregeneration.
- Pre-Applications will be accepted starting January 15, 2016.
- Full proposals due by February 29, 2016.
Priority areas for this program include but are not limited to:
- Advancement of novel targets and drug candidates that provide neuroprotection and/or facilitate remyelination without impacting the adaptive immune response.
- Therapeutic approaches that don't rely on a disrupted blood brain barrier to achieve drug exposure.
- Novel targets and drug candidates with preclinical evidence for neuroprotection and/or repair in a treatment paradigm.
- Therapeutic approaches addressing targets associated with MS pathophysiology.
Fast Forward provides funding to U.S. and non-U.S. commercial organizations. Funding to not-for-profit research institutions will be considered if a majority of the work is conducted at reputable Contract Research Organizations with appropriate expertise relevant to the proposed work.
Read more about this opportunity and how to apply.